Monday, May 26, 2014
You're Fired! You Never Know...It Could Happen To You
First and foremost don't fall apart; it's essential you keep matters in perspective although it's understandable to be very anxious and at a loss for words. Keep the below things in mind now while you are still employed.
1. People no longer work for the same company 20-30 years and then retire. Beware that companies fold everyday; even when outwardly things appear to be good. Be loyal to your present employer and do the best job you can but never let your guard down in thinking the "pink slip" will always be for the other person. Look out for number one.
2. Be alert and well informed, if things start to look and feel a bit shaky, something is about to go left field. Now is the time to immediately start searching for other opportunities but keep your search below-the-radar. If something should happen at least you have a good head start on finding employment.
3. Stash a little something away for a stormy day. It's a good idea to have at least enough money stashed away to cover three to four months living expenses. That's not a whole lot but it's better than nothing at all.
4. Polish up on your job skills and know what other companies are looking for. Capitalize on opportunities for additional training. Read, study, go back to school and brush up on skills you lack.
5. Keep your resume up-to-date and ready so you can produce it on the spot if need be. Nothing beats being prepared.
These are some of the things you can do in preparation, but let's hope you never get the hammer dropped on you or have to hear the words; "you're fired!" in this unstable and uncertain economy one never know when things could take a drastic turn...
You could take an alternative route (the high road, as I like to call it) like many others including myself have. Have you ever thought about owning and operating an Online home-based business. So many people are turning to the Internet to earn a second or a full-time income. An online business gives you the freedom of keeping your current employment while building your online business. Having a second income certainly gives you peace of mind; especially in these uncertain times. You can grow your business at your own pace and before you know it you could grow yourself right out of that 9-5 pain-in-the-neck job. Would you like that kind of freedom? Where there is no possibility of getting fired, no boss to slave for, no commute, no more having to sit at the office staring out the window on beautiful days wishing you were elsewhere, no more watching the clock wondering why time has stopped, no more fuss or hassle with clients.
Gosh! No wonder so many people are carving out a piece of the vast web and earning a fantastic living at home. Do you own a computer, have access to the internet and a few hours a week? Wonderful! then you too can join the ranks of work at home professionals who are not leaving their fate and that of their family in the hands of an employer.
***Click on the banner below if you would like to take the "high road" Joining is totally FREE! I will be there waiting for you after you join. It's my job to help you become successful with your online business; I will help you along the way. Joining is FREE! so no need to delay...start today!